Cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases that have taking human lives for a long time and to say frankly there has not been a specific medical solution to cure cancer completely. Doctors and health professionals claims that chemotherapy and radiation are the two major treatments that cannot be avoided by a cancer patient. But the fact is that chemotherapy and radiation are done not for curing a patient’s cancer disease, rather it mostly comes for the sole benefits of doctors and pharmaceutical companies.
Here are some interesting facts about cancer that I have found on one of my Facebook friend’s timeline and hoped that I was worth sharing on this blog. Hope you enjoy it.
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime.
3. When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to STARVE the cancer cells by not feeding it with foods it needs to multiple.
Hope that the above points provide some useful and informative facts about cancer and how the modern hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies are taking advantage of this disease. But as we are humans, we have no other option but to go for cancer treatment, once we are detected with it.